Friday, August 31, 2007

Brad is Taking a Break

I know, it's been a week and a half since my last post, and you are all on pins and needles waiting for the next installment. **GRIN**

After getting back from Canada, I was slammed at work. Then, the following weekend, I took my wife and kids camping up off the North Cascades Highway...gorgeous. Then, I was on a business trip to California. And today, we're leaving on a week of vacation. This is my first "real" vacation since about January.

So, I've got a stack of books that I'm planning on reading while I'm gone. Expect some lengthy posts when I get back.

STOP E-MAILING ME ABOUT WHAT I'M WRITING AND POST COMMENTS!!!! YOU ARE SOME OF THE SMARTEST MOST INSIGHTFUL PEOPLE I'VE EVER KNOWN!!! JOIN THE CONVERSATION!!!!

Some of you have asked me where I get my ideas for what I will read, or where I find links to blogs, interesting sites, etc. Well, on the plane to California on Tuesday morning, I finished Shane Claiborne's "The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical". Just in the footnotes alone were nearly a hundred websites that intrigue me, and he quoted from a broad variety of books including the works of Soren Kierkegaard (Swedish Philosopher), Dorothy Day, and Martin Luther King Jr's speeches/sermons. I haven't read Kierkegaard in YEARS, but I have a hankering to dig out a copy. I'm also interested in reading more about Mother Theresa, as Shane actually travelled to Calcutta to find out first hand what she was experiencing, and got to spend time with her. I have a Word doc on my work laptop containing three pages worth of notes, book lists, and websites to keep me busy.

My wife and I are certified Marriage Enrichment leaders through a national organization. We are called into this ministry, but have been struggling to make it grow. (Like any ministry, I guess. Seems they're all a struggle.) Anyway, recently we generated a lead that could develop into a full blown opportunity with a very large church in our area. Please pray for us that we would follow God's lead on this. It's exciting...and a little scary.

Have a GREAT AND GLORIOUS week!!! I'll post some pictures when I get back.

I also expect that I will write at least one or two full blog postings during the week....but I can't post them until I get back. Ah, the wonders of not having an internet connection.

Thanx,

Brad

No comments: