Wednesday, April 30, 2008

D.A. Carson and "Blogging" Experiment

I'm off on my scheduled retreat, and have already consumed 4 books. I will be blogging about them over the next week, but I wanted to try something....

I'm finishing up "Why We're Not Emergent (By Two Guys Who Should Be)" by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck. One of them was driving D.A. Carson around and talking about postmodernism. Carson said:

"The feedback on blogs is immediate, " Carson continues. "You have a thought and then three minutes later, it's published for the world to digest. And then in another three minutes you have anonymous folks posting messages about how wonderful you are. It tends to inflate one's sense of importance."

Okay, all you anonymous folks. You have 6 minutes....make me feel important!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Well it's been 63 minutes, but I'll bite.

I think it's fun to have immediate feedback...

Anonymous said...

**SIGH** Erin, you need to work on making me feel important. HA HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

I'm way late, but a guy's gotta work.

So, do you feel special now?

Can't wait to read your review of that book. I've been thinking about picking it up, but wanted to hear from someone an honest opinion.

I'm waiting . . .

Brian

Anonymous said...

Here's the review that intrigued me to pick up the book at Brian McLaren's "Everything Must Change" tour a couple of weekends ago...

http://www.dankimball.com/vintage_faith/2008/03/interesting-and.html

Straight from Dan Kimball's blog.

Red Letter girl said...

I'll make you feel important if you read my blog and tell me what to do....

RLG